Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rep Spotlight: Amanda Herman

This month I have the pleasure of introducing you to our Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania rep, Amanda Herman!



Amanda  and her husband have been married three years and have one son who will turn two this July 5. He is their red, white, and blue baby!They are very eco friendly, everything they use is re-useable. They also believe in eating very naturally but also believe in moderation and sometimes have their favorite treats, too! They live in the woods and spend a lot of time outside, including hunting and fishing!

On to a little Q&A! 







How did you hear about eLeMeNO-Pee? --I first heard about eLeMeNO-Pee through a Google search when my son was two months old! When I got pregnant I stopped going to school in the classroom and began going to school online. So I spent a lot of time on the computer during my pregnancy. When I was about six months along I heard of cloth diapers through a youtube video. I decided to start googling and found out how easy it was and decided I would do it.  I also searched for a company that would educate the general public about how easy it was and how much better it was for the environment. That's when I found eLeMeNO-Pee!

What inspired you to join? --I was inspired to join because they prided themselves in educating others more than just actual sales!
 
What was the first diaper you purchased? --When I was about eight months along, I purchased my first diapers which were gDiapers newborn and small diapers.  I looked around for some in my area used but nobody around here had heard of it.

 
Pastels, bold colors, prints... what's your favorite cloth diapering color scheme? --I don't have a preference for which scheme I love...I tend to just love everything that bumGenius makes.  I do have a weakness for prints I guess because when I discovered GroVia, I traded in some of my pastel bGs for some beautiful GroVia prints!!

We know you are environmentally conscious. What's next for you in your journey toward sustainability? --I think next on the list is I'd love to get a greener vehicle, unfortunately that is not in the budget anytime soon. Another step is to get all of my friends on board A lot of my friends have really taken an interest in our lifestyle and I would love to help them  be 100% sustainable.

What do you love about being a cloth diaper rep? --My favorite part about being a representative is educating. Being knowledgeable and continuing to learn myself so I can better educate my clients. But also being their "gateway drug' to living an all around better more sustainable and natural lifestyle.


What is your favorite quote?  --"It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless." I pride myself in practicing attachment parenting and this quote really speaks to me.

What long-term goals do you have for yourself and your family? --I am more of right now person, a next week person but rarely a next year person. We are looking forward to having more children, hopefully sooner rather than later.  I also cannot wait to be finished with school!


Which diaper are you anxious to try on your little one next? --I have tried every diaper there is to try and I have to say that I am really looking forward to getting a bumGenius Armadillo. I can not wait to add the next color to my rainbow.
  
To get in contact with Amanda for your own personal consultation, please visit her personal website :  www.elemeno-pee.com/amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment